What You Don’t Know About Your Church Can Kill Your Ministry Potential
The last several years have given birth to a new conversation among church leaders when it comes to giving. For many, they feel alone in the questions they are asking:
- Why aren’t people giving to the budget as they have in the past?
- Who should have access to financial data and who should not?
- What do I need to do today to overcome a dip in my churches giving?
- How can I adjust to the new realities of giving?
You may feel alone in your questions, but the reality is you are not. There is a growing interest among church leaders to develop a more sustainable funding model that overcomes the roller coaster experience of cash flow, giving, and expenses. It can be a wild ride. If left untouched, it can severely limit your ministry potential—if not kill it completely.
The most amazing thing about perspective, experience, and knowledge combined is the feeling of being empowered and ready to take the next step. Fear of what we don’t know and what we do know can hold us back. It’s difficult to look in the mirror and see the health of our ministry and the churches we lead. But those with the courage to do so will possess the ingredients for ministry advancement.
- Do you know what’s holding you back in your ministry?
- Are you confident that you are leading a healthy church?
- When was the last time you conducted an exhaustive and comprehensive evaluation of your church?
Based on your answers to those questions, you may be ready to consider how a Stewardship Discovery Assessment can benefit your church.